What is All Star/Tournament Team Baseball?
The Parks at Texas Star will be offering Summer All Star Tournament Teams after the conclusion of our regular spring season and post-season playoffs. These teams will be referred to as All Star/Tournament Teams.
The All Star/Tournament Teams participate in a significantly more competitive environment than recreational A League at The Parks at Texas Star play. These teams begin play after the conclusion of The Parks at Texas Star Rec season and generally participate in tournaments in neighboring cities. Coaches are required to promote a learning environment focused on advanced skills and baseball strategies. They are not required to rotate players during All Star competition.
The purpose of this fact sheet is to provide more information about the tournament team process and educate parents of all The Parks at Texas Star participants, so you can decide if your player should be considered for this activity.
The Parks at Texas Star Coaches/Players/Parents:
- (“THE PARKS AT TEXAS STAR”) will be forming All-Star teams to compete in summer tournaments at the conclusion of the regular season. All players currently playing in the recreation league are eligible to play in All Stars.
- Anyone interested in playing All-Stars, registration will be online at www.parksattexasstar.com and payment is due at the time of registration. Registration deadline is May 2nd. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
Teams will for formed for the following age groups:
- U6 (if enough interest), U7, U8, U9, U10, U11-12 (if enough interest)
- Age groups may be combined based on numbers.
Any coach that is interested in coaching Applications are due by Monday, April 25th.
Eligibility and Registration:
All-Star Team participation is a fun and rewarding time for all involved. Commitment to All-Star Teams means a commitment of time and money. However, in considering All-Star Team participation and discussing the merits of All-Star Team play with your child, please bear the following points in mind:
- Time - Four to five tournaments (3-5 games each) will be played on weekends (Friday night through Sunday) beginning in June and, possibly early July. In addition, All-Star teams will practice at least 2 times per week.
- Costs – Registration will be $35 per player and needs to be paid by May 2nd This cost will cover a Parks at Texas Star shirt and Cap plus 1 Tournament fee Dates will be provided to the Coaches.Any other tournaments are usually $325 – $425 per tournament, per team. Donations/sponsorships can and should be solicited to offset the cost.
- We will try and attempt to keep rosters to a maximum of 12 players. We ask that no vacations are scheduled during the “Summer Ball” season in June.
All games are on weekends in tournament format:
- 2 seed games Friday and/or Saturday
- Single elimination brackets on Sunday (max 5 Sunday games)
- Tournament games can be scheduled to start as early as 8:00AM and as late as 8:00PM on both Saturday and Sunday.
- Travel throughout North Texas is required. (Approximately 50 mile radius)
The All-Star Team season is a highly competitive environment, much more so than our Parks at Texas Star recreational league. It is not necessarily conducive to equal playing time for all members of the team.
The amount of playing time, and in which positions, is up to the manager and coaches of the team. Although many of the players selected may have pitched or played shortstop during the Parks at Texas Star season, not all will pitch or play shortstop for All-Star Teams.
The numbers of teams are based on the number of registrations received, tournament team coaches, participants, and the general level of interest among our parents and players. We will attempt to keep all rosters to a maximum of 12 players.
All players must pay their registration fee to be eligible.
NO late registration!!