What is All Star Tournament Team Baseball?
The Parks at Texas Star offers Summer All Star Tournament Teams after the conclusion of our regular spring season and post-season playoffs. In order to help you make an informed decision about participating in All Star competition, we've provided a fact sheet below.
The All Star Tournament Teams participate in a significantly more competitive environment than recreational A League at Parks at Texas Star. These teams generally participate in traveling tournaments in neighboring cities. Coaches are required to promote a learning environment focused on advanced skills and baseball strategies. They are not required to rotate players during All Star competition.
The Parks at Texas Star Coaches/Players/Parents:
- The Parks at Texas Star will be forming All Star teams to compete in summer tournaments at the conclusion of the regular season. All players currently playing in the recreation league are eligible to play in All Stars.
- Anyone interested in playing All Stars, may register online and payment is due at the time of registration. The registration deadline is May 2.
Teams will for formed for the following age groups:
- U6 (if enough interest), U7, U8, U9, U10, U11-12 (if enough interest)
- Age groups may be combined based on numbers of registrants.
If you are interested in coaching, applications are due by Monday, April 25.
Eligibility and Registration:
All Star Team participation is a fun and rewarding time for all who are involved. Commitment to an All Star Team means a commitment of time and money. When considering participation and discussing the merits with your child, please bear the following points in mind:
- Time - Four to five tournaments (consisting of 3-5 games each) will be played on weekends (Friday night through Sunday) beginning in June and, possibly early July. In addition, All Star teams will practice at least two times per week.
- Costs – Registration will be $35 per player and is due by May 2. This cost will cover a Parks at Texas Star shirt and cap as well as one tournament fee. The dates will be provided to the Coaches. Tournaments generally cost $325–$425 per tournament, per team. Donations/sponsorships may be solicited to offset the cost.
- The number of teams will be based upon the number of registrations received, volunteer coaches, and the general level of interest among our parents and players. We will attempt to keep all rosters to a maximum of 12 players. We ask that no vacations are scheduled during the All Star season in June.
All games are on weekends in tournament format:
- Two seed games will be played on Friday and/or Saturday.
- Single elimination brackets on Sunday (a maximum of five Sunday games)
- Tournament games can be scheduled to start as early as 8:00 a.m. or as late as 8:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- Travel throughout North Texas within a 50 mile radius is required.
The All Star Team season is a highly competitive environment, much more so than our Parks at Texas Star recreational league. It is not necessarily conducive to equal playing time for all members of the team. The amount of playing time and positions played will be decided by the team coach. Although many of the players selected may have pitched or played shortstop during the Parks at Texas Star season, not all will play in those same positions during the All Star season.
We appreciate you taking the time to consider playing in our All Star league. It will be a great opportunity for your child to learn valuable skills and strategy while gaining lots of playing experience.